The Farm Business Improvement Scheme (FBIS) is a package of measures aimed at improving the competitiveness and sustainability of the farming sector.
The Capital Scheme has two separate tiers. The grant rate of funding for both tiers in the Scheme is 40% of eligible costs.
Tier 1 is for projects costing from £5,000 - £30,000 (eligible costs) and is primarily aimed at the purchase of off the shelf equipment and machinery.
Tier 2 is for projects costing from £30,000 - unlimited (with £250,000 maximum grant) and is primarily for construction projects and the purchase of higher value equipment linked to the needs in the farmer’s business plan.
Some items/areas will be ineligible for grant support through the Capital Scheme, such as:
• like for like replacement or maintenance;
• consumables such as feed, fuel or spray;
• investments relating to non-agricultural animals and
• items that meet existing statutory requirements such as minimum slurry storage.
TO FIND OUT MORE DETAILS:
1. Visit the DAERA website: click here
2. A Helpline is available at 0845 026 7535
3. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Talk to your accountancy firm
Please note the closing date for Tier 1 is 19th December 2016 at 4pm. The closing date for Tier 2 is 24th February 2017 at 4pm.
This scheme applies to customers in Northern Ireland only. Applications should be made directly to DAERA.